We/US shall mean CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC. its employees, contractors or affiliates.
You/Your shall mean website user
The Services are intended for general audiences and are not intended for individuals younger than the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals younger than the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for any Services or provide any information about yourself. If we discover that we have collected any personally-identifying information from a child under the age of 13, we will remove that information from our database as soon as reasonably possible.
What Personal Information CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC. Collects
We may collect the following information:
- Full name
- Account information (password and username)
- Payment Information
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as zip code, DOB, gender, preferences and interests
- Physical location information
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Cookies: A cookie is a small file sent from a website and stored on the user's computer that notifies the website when the user returns and remembers information about the website. Cookies also track how often a user visits pages and what information interests the user. For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
Third Party Ad Servers and Analytics Providers: CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC. works with network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers and other vendors to serve third party advertisements on and through the Services, to provide us with information regarding traffic on the Services, including the pages viewed and the actions users take when visiting the Services; to serve our advertisements on other web sites, within mobile Apps, and elsewhere online; and to provide us with information regarding the use of the Services and the effectiveness of our advertisements. For example, if you click one of our advertisements, our service provider(s) may be able to tell us the advertisement you clicked on and where you were viewing the advertisement; likewise, if you click on an ad you see on our Services, our service provider(s) may be able to tell which page you were visiting on our Services and pass that information to the advertiser. The advertisements you see may be served by one or more third parties, who may use information about your activities on the Services, and other web sites and services, to provide you targeted advertising based upon your interests.
These third party service providers may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device (including cookies and web beacons) and may otherwise collect or have access to information about you (such as your general interest in higher education and certain subjects and Usage Information). Cookies and web beacons, including those set by third party network advertisers, may be used to, among other things, target advertisements, prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times and to conduct research regarding the usefulness of certain advertisements to you.
While we may use a variety of service providers to perform advertising services, some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") or the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. You may want to visithttp: www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and the "opt-out" procedures of NAI members. You may also want to visit or http: www.aboutads.info/choices/, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and offers an "opt-out" by participating companies in the DAA Self-Regulatory Program. Please note opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads while visiting the Services and elsewhere online.
What CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC. May Do with the Personal Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following basic reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Prevent and detect security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Update you on new services and benefits.
- Answer inquiries, provide information, support, or advice about existing and new products or services
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- Process and respond to any complaint made by you.
- Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention.
Any information you provide or that is collected by CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC. may be combined with any other information you provide to us or that we collect through the Services or otherwise. CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC. may use the information it collects or receives, including Personal Information and Usage Information:
- To allow you to participate in features we offer or to provide related customer service including, without limitation, to respond to your questions, complaints or comments;
- To tailor content, recommendations and offers we display or otherwise provide to you;
- To confirm or fulfill an order you have made or authorize or complete a transaction you have requested;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you have requested or agreed to receive or that we otherwise believe will interest you, either on behalf of CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC. or third parties, and which may include advertisements or special offers;
- To provide you with location features and services (e.g., allowing you to "check in" at a store or telling you about local deals and events)
- To process your registration, including verifying that information you provide is active and valid;
- To improve the Services and our products and for internal business purposes, analyzing usage of our Services and purchase of our products;
- To contact you with regard to your use of the Services and, in our discretion, changes to our policies for the Services;
- To enforce applicable agreements and policies for the Services; and
Information the Services Automatically Collect or Processes
We and our third party service providers, including analytics providers and third party content providers, may automatically collect certain information whenever you access and use the Community ("Usage Information"). Usage Information may include the type of device you are using to access the Community, the areas of the Community that you access or use, and the time of day you used the Community, among other information. If you are in a store and interacting with CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC., we may process data about you through a camera or similar technologies and we may make offers to you based on that data. In addition, we automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier ("Device Identifier") for any mobile phone, tablet or other device you may use to access the Services. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned or connected to the device you use to access the Community, and our servers identify your device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the device used to access the Community. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as Personal Information.
How CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC. Shares Your Information
CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC. may share your Information in the following cases:
- With Affiliates and Third-Party Service Providers: CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC. may disclose your Information to our affiliates and third-party service providers. Third party service providers are not authorized by CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC. to use or disclose your Information except as necessary to perform services on CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC.'s behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- With Your Consent: CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC. may share your Information with other third parties with your consent.
- To Prevent Harm or Loss: CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC. may disclose Information when we believe, in our sole discretion, disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with suspected or actual illegal activity.
- Non-Personal Information. We may share non-Personal Information, such as aggregate user statistics, demographic information and Usage Information with third parties, including advertisers, content providers, and analytics providers, and third parties may collect non-Personal Information when you download or use the Services. Service Providers. We may use third parties to perform certain services on our behalf, such as fulfilling and processing orders, tracking analytics, or performing other administrative services. We may provide these companies with access to user information, including Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions. If you choose to enter a promotion, Personal Information, such as your name and shipping address, may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion's official rules, such as on a winners list.
Blogs, Social Media, and Social Features
CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC. provides the opportunity to participate and post content publicly in blogs. You may choose, through such features or otherwise, to submit or post reviews, photographs, videos, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, (collectively, "User Content"). Please note that certain information, such as your name, may be publicly displayed on the Services along with your User Content.
Functionality on the Services may permit interactions that you initiate between the Services and a third party web site or service ("Social Features"). Examples of Social Features include enabling you to "like" or "share" content from the Services to other web sites or services or to "like" or "share" our page on a third party service; to log-in using your username and password for a third party site or service; and to otherwise connect the Services to a third party web site or service. If you choose to share content or to otherwise post information through the Services to a third party site or service, or vice versa, that information may be publicly displayed. Similarly, if you post information on a third party platform that references a CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC. product (e.g., by using a Twitter hashtag associated with a CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC. Brand product in your tweet), your post may be published on our Services. Also, both CAMPUS BOOKSTORE INC. and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Services and the third party site or service. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of a third party web site give us access to their profiles and you are one of their "connections" or information about you is otherwise accessible through your "connections" web page, profile page, or similar page on a social networking or other third party web site or interactive service.
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. We are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Opting-Out and Updating your Information
You may be able to review and update your account information through the Services, including certain Personal Information and your communications preferences. You may opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided to you in those e-mails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Services (for example, order confirmations) and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from marketing communications. If you sign up to receive SMS or MMS messages that we may offer, you may unsubscribe by replying "STOP."
Third Party Applications/Websites
We take commercially reasonable security measures to secure the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of electronic transmission or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you submit and you do so at your own initiative and risk.
Consent To Transfer
If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States or another country. By using the Services, or providing us with any information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States, or another country other than your own, jurisdictions in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
Request for List of Third Party Disclosures
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we disclosed their personal information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of personal information disclosed to those third parties. If you are a California resident and you wish to make such a request or have any questions about BBA's information sharing practices, you may contact us by [firstname.lastname@example.org____]
How to Contact Us